Absence Request Procedure
ABSENCE FROM COLLEGE
You will need to complete an Absence Request Form for every period you are absent during term time: this includes professional work, family commitments, and holidays. Absence Request Forms can be found on the College Intranet and are also available in hard copy format from the Registry or the Orchestras and Ensembles office.
• It is your responsibility to complete the form with as much information as possible.
• You will to need speak to your Principal Study Tutor to gain their approval for your absence and indicate this on the form.
• You need to specify on the form if you will be missing any lessons, classes, assessments, rehearsals or concerts.
• Absence Forms need to be submitted to the Orchestras and Ensembles office as far in advance as possible.
• Absence requests for missed classes must be approved by the Head of School
• Absence requests for missed assessments must be approved by the Head of School and Vice-Principal (Performance). If the student is taught by the Vice-Principal (Performance), approval must be sought from the Vice-Principal (Academic).
• Absences over 5 working days must also be sent to the relevant Course Leader for approval.
You will be notified by e-mail if your Absence Request has been approved or refused. Authorisation must not be assumed until you have received confirmation that your request has been approved.