Lesson notes for Aiden 20th Jan

Lesson notes for Aiden 20th Jan

by Victoria Bickerton - Posted on
Number of replies: 0

Hi Aiden!

You did some magnificent work in your individual lesson well done. Here are some of the things we discussed:

Posture

Please keep your violin round at '10 o clock'

Bow hold

We upgraded your bow hold so you're holding it now in the 'proper place' at the heel of the bow. Make sure your thumb is bendy :)

Gypsy Fiddle

This was great! Lovely sound. I told Sarah how beautifully you played this and she was very pleased. Please could you now add in the dynamics. We talked playing piano dynamics over the fingerboard with a slightly tilted bow. Forte dynamics are a flat hair closer to the bridge. A crescendo (gradually getting louder) will be a transition of one to the other. 

Caribbean Moonlight

Have a go at this if you can, this includes 3 beat notes (dotted minim/stride) and 3 note slurs. 

Group work 

Next week in our group lesson I'd love to see you putting your hand up to answer some questions, and to be really focussed throughout the lesson. Remember that you listening/putting your hand up/asking a question not only helps you, but me and your friends too. I'll ask about dynamics next week and it would be a nice opportunity to share what you know. Try and remember to go to the loo between lessons.