Lesson notes for Jude

Lesson notes for Jude

by Victoria Bickerton - Posted on
Number of replies: 2

Well done for a fabulous lesson Jude! 

We covered a few points on your posture.

Violin

Position your violin at '10 o clock' - ask Mum/Dad to help you with this if you're note sure what I mean. 

Try to keep your violin flat - think about the mini egg! Don't let it roll onto the floor. 

Bow

We're upgrading your bow hold so that we are now going to look at holding the bow at the frog/heel. We did the 'bow flip'. Position your bow on your hand, palm up. Bow should sit at top of pinky finger, bottom of first finger, curl your thumb into the little gap between the two black bits, and then flip it over. Relax your other fingers over the bow stick. It will take some time for this to feel normal. 

Could you also practice the secret note :D 

In reply to Victoria Bickerton

Re: Lesson notes for Jude

by Ida and Jude Nutton-Jones - Posted on
Hi Tori,

Hope you had a great break.
We are having a few problems with the tuning of Jude's violin and the E string in particular as the peg seems to keep slipping/twisting back when we try to re-tune it! Apologies in advance if we are missing something or making it worse!
Bless him he is still happily practicing with a very low E!
In reply to Ida and Jude Nutton-Jones

Re: Lesson notes for Jude

by Victoria Bickerton - Posted on
Hello!
Oh poor Jude! Don't worry, it's nothing you're doing wrong. I'll take a look at it on Saturday, sometimes they need a peg paste compound which helps slipping pegs to stick a bit better, so I'll pop some on if it needs it.
Great to hear he's still trying to practise on it anyway though!
Look forward to seeing him on Sat :)