Lesson notes for Jude 25th May

Lesson notes for Jude 25th May

by Victoria Bickerton - Posted on
Number of replies: 0

Jude you worked so hard today, well done :)

We talked about your bow hold - make sure your knuckles are slanting downwards. Push your first finger into your bow and make sure your pinky is curled and sitting on top of your bow. If you're not sure what I mean, Mum took a photo of your bow hold looking super duper so have a look at that if you need to. 

We also practised 'bow press ups' - so making sure thumb and pinky are curly, and then can go straight. Practice doing some open strings, your thumb and pinky should be curled when at the hell of the bow, and straighten out as you get to the tip. As you do an up bow they should curl up again. 

In terms of your violin posture it is much improved. I'll pop an email over to Mum/Dad re a shoulder rest for you. 

Please practice your G major scale 2 octaves with slurs now. I don't have quite the right symbol on my keyboard, but hopefully this will make sense:

G~A  B~C  D~E  F#G  A~B  C~D  E~F#  G~F#  E~D  C~B  A~G  F#~E  D~C  B~A  G

Please do all of John Ryan's Polka. It would be a good idea to practice the green/red/orange tunes first before putting it all together. 

I hope you had a good drive to Birmingham, enjoy spending some time with your grandparents :)