Lesson notes 15th June

Lesson notes 15th June

by Victoria Bickerton - Posted on
Number of replies: 0

Hi Bluebirds, 

We did some more work on our A scales today. You are all able to play you A scales by memory which is a lovely achievement, well done. You each have something to work on with them though, so when you practise your A scale, please focus on the following:

Mia - a smooth transition from open E to 3 on the A when going down. Get your 3rd finger hovering over the A string while playing your open E

Thejal - keep your left wrist down (think Klaus the Mouse!) and make sure your fingers are really going down on the stickers. Finger placement is so important for tuning. Use your ears - if it sounds  bit weird then your fingers need to have a reshuffle, if it sounds 'right' then it probably is!

Tharoon - make sure you keep your head up when you play. Being your violin round on your shoulder, bring the violin to you, don't bend yourself around the violin. 

Thejal and Tharoon - please could you practice all of Woodpecker Tap

Everyone - please practise the first 2 lines of Hampton Court. Remember we discussed adding the forte and piano? Have an exeriment and see how effectively you can change between loud and quite playing. 

I will be away next week but I will be sending lesson planning to your cover teacher. You will have a great time and I look forward to hearing all about how it goes!