Thejal's lesson notes 25th Nov

Thejal's lesson notes 25th Nov

by Victoria Bickerton - Posted on
Number of replies: 0

Thejal your bowing arm is developing really nicely, well done for your work. I know the bow holds still feels tricky and there's lots to remember but every week it's making progress so well done :)

Today we did a recap of goose bowing, so please keep practising that. I was pleased to hear you'd been practising on your knife! You could also try a colouring pen or toothbrush!

We mostly focussed on where the violin sits in your left hand in order to use your fingers. We discovered that you have a super power in your thumbs, so make sure you check with Mum that your thumb is in the right position for you. 

The violin should sit between your finger and thumb - just behind the thumb nail and at the bottom of the first finger. If you do this then it means there is a little space for Klaus the Mouse. He will pop in to see us next week hopefully! Make sure your fingers are wiggling at the ceiling when your hand is in this position. 

When this feels OK, please curl finger 1 onto the E string and give it a little tap up and down. Move it over to the A, D and G strings. Then try finger 2, then 3. She shape of your finger should be curled - like a box, or a half hexagon (ask Tharoon!). 

If you could both practise these things this week that would be marvellous. Once our bowing is happy we'll be moving on to first finger notes very soon. 

Well done for your hard work, I'm looking forward to hearing about your practise next week :)

Tory