Lesson notes 18th May

Lesson notes 18th May

by Victoria Bickerton - Posted on
Number of replies: 0

Well done today Bluebirds. 

Please keep practising your scales - I don't mind if you choose G/D or A. Please do 4 bows per note. This should give your fingers some time to prepare for the next note in the scale. This is especially helpful when you're coming down your scale and you need to go from an open string to 3 fingers on the next string down. When playing your open string, hover the 3rd finger over the string below so you can play it well in time. 

If this starts to feel easy, try two bows per note. If that feels easy, then try one bow per note. 

Today we also worked hard on the piece Noone Else But Me. 

Could you start off by saying the following rhythms, then clapping them, then bowing them on any note you like?

1) ta    ta    ta    ta

2) tu           tu

3) ti ti ti ti  ta  sh

Practise the A tune in the piece first. You should notice that if you count yourself in for 2 bars and then play, you are doing the same rhythms as above. 

We only briefly looked at the B tune, so if you can have a go at that then that would be great, but if you're not sure, don't worry and I'll help you with it next week. 

If you get a moment, please have a quick play through Too Much Rosin as well. We didn't get round to this today, but I would like to check our G string reading before we move onto our 3rd finger pieces after half term :)