Student Booking Rules
· Each student can book practice space up to 72 hours in advance
· Each student has a maximum advance booking ‘rolling’ quota of 5 hours
Rolling Quota: after each hour is used, it is reimbursed
· To encourage the use of rooms currently free, any student can make as many on the day bookings they wish even if they have 0 hours of their quota remaining, if space is available.
· An on the day booking must end within 6 hours of the time it was booked
· The minimum reservation time is 30 minutes
· The maximum reservation time is 2 hours
· Performance Venues are not available to be booked online
· Chamber groups and ensembles will book via Reception. This must be done Thursday between 9.30am – 12.30pm only.
· Some rooms are bookable by specific students depending on instrument or school of study
· Although booking studios online is permitted, students must be aware they may be relocated at last minute to accommodate external events of large classes
· Academic teaching spaces are available for booking after 6pm
· The first available time slot is 7am and the last is 11pm
Confirmation and Cancellation
· Each booking must be confirmed by swiping your RNCM ID card at a touch screen
· Bookings can be confirmed up to 4 hours before they are due to start, up until 10 minutes into the booking
· If they are not confirmed they will cancelled automatically at 10 minutes past the start time.
· If your plans change, please show consideration to others and cancel your booking
· Bookings cancelled prior to the start time will have the hours reimbursed to the quota immediately, if they are not cancelled before the start time they will be treated as unconfirmed and your quota will not be reimbursed until the booking time has elapsed.
Exclusive Room Access by School / Instrument
BAPop Base Room - 276
Keyboard – 310
Organ – 174, 31, 310
Piano – 170, 171 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 275, 278, 279, 280, 281
Double Bass – 311, 312
Harp – 271
Percussion – 277, 301, 302, 303
Reeds – 331