• Other therapies and external support

    If you wish to explore options for other therapies externally to College, please speak to one of the counsellors (email Counselling@rncm.ac.uk) or one of the Student Wellbeing Advisors (email Wellbeing@rncm.ac.uk). We may be able to refer you to other services that suit your needs.

    If you would like to speak to someone outside of the RNCM, you can contact a counsellor or organisation in your area in complete confidence. 

    The Counselling Directory lists charities and organisations who offer their services free of charge and many counsellors also offer student concessions. If you wish to contact a private counsellor, fees are quoted on their personal profiles with their qualifications and experience. 

    The purpose of the Counselling Directory is to ultimately provide the UK with a huge Support network of counsellors and organisations, enabling those in distress to find a counsellor close to them and appropriate for their needs. This is a free, confidential service that will hopefully help our students who may be feeling distressed, find some support. The site contains a wealth of information about different emotional disorders and useful articles written by qualified counsellors which will hopefully help you to realise that you are not alone and help is at hand. All counsellors on the site are checked by the Counselling Directory - they have either copies of their qualifications and have insurance to cover the websites information, or they are registered with a professional body online with recognised codes of ethics and practice, this way they can be assured of their professionalism.

    You may also be interested in these external organisations that offer counselling:

    The Black, African and Asian Therapy Network – We support and encourage people of Black African, Asian and Caribbean heritage to engage proactively and consciously in their psychological lives (baatn.org.uk)

    Mental Health Support — Southeast and East Asian Centre (seeac.org.uk)

    Alternatively, if you are in Manchester you can self-refer for sessions through the NHS via Self-Help Services: Self referrals - Self Help (selfhelpservices.org.uk) (you can also go through your GP).