Topic outline

  • Living Here - Sir Charles Groves Hall

    You can choose to live in Sir Charles Groves Hall of Residence, right next door to the College. Our students occupy a large number of its 612 rooms, which means you can be part of the community. You’ll also have the benefit of being able to practise in your room between 9am and 9pm, and pianists can request a loan piano if required.

    Managed by Unite Students (uS), all standard en-suite rooms in the Hall are grouped in four, with a shared fully-equipped kitchen/lounge. There are also two senior residents and one member of staff on hand to provide support and assistance if needed.
    Manchester student accommodation at Sir Charles Groves Hall | Unite Students

    The Senior Residents for 2023-24 are Eden Saunders and Gigi Casey.
    They can be contacted at

  • Private Student Accommodation in Manchester

    Alternatively, you may wish to rent a flat or share a house privately. Manchester has a huge selection of affordable accommodation within easy distance of the RNCM. Many of these are available via Manchester Student Homes, an agency owned and managed by the city’s universities. The main advantage of using this agency is that all landlords have to be accredited and adhere to an agreed 'Code of Standards', ensuring you are provided with quality accommodation and the best possible service.

    For further information visit

  • Advice and Guidance

    If you require any advice or guidance about housing, the following websites have lots of information on topics such as tenancy agreements, deposit protection and dealing with your landlord.

    Manchester Student Homes

    Citizens Advice